Echo...echo...echo...
Ryan P.
2011-11-11 02:10:39 UTC
And I'm not talking about FidoNet echos!

Just curious to see if any of you folks still have the old Amiga even
set up in a corner of a dusty basement, or if she's all boxed up, or it
it was tossed years ago.

I still have my BBS software sitting on my HP's hard drive...
Transferred it over years ago when I was running under WinUAE. Anyone
else unable to get of so many years of work and creativity, even though
we know we'll probably never really use it again?
milt
2011-11-14 16:18:08 UTC
Post by Ryan P.
And I'm not talking about FidoNet echos!
Just curious to see if any of you folks still have the old Amiga even
set up in a corner of a dusty basement, or if she's all boxed up, or it
it was tossed years ago.
I still have my BBS software sitting on my HP's hard drive...
Transferred it over years ago when I was running under WinUAE. Anyone
else unable to get of so many years of work and creativity, even though
we know we'll probably never really use it again?
Yup, I still have my BBS setup bundled up on this computer, transferred
from the machine that was running the BBS for a couple months running
WinUAE before giving it up again. I just can never see myself getting
rid of it because of all the time and effort I once spent on it.
Philippe M. Coatmeur
2011-12-29 17:24:11 UTC
Post by milt
Post by Ryan P.
And I'm not talking about FidoNet echos!
Just curious to see if any of you folks still have the old Amiga even
set up in a corner of a dusty basement, or if she's all boxed up, or it
it was tossed years ago.
I still have my BBS software sitting on my HP's hard drive...
Transferred it over years ago when I was running under WinUAE. Anyone
else unable to get of so many years of work and creativity, even though
we know we'll probably never really use it again?
Yup, I still have my BBS setup bundled up on this computer,
transferred from the machine that was running the BBS for a couple
months running WinUAE before giving it up again. I just can never see
myself getting rid of it because of all the time and effort I once
spent on it.
I see exactly what you mean. And the plastic yellows and the bitterness
too :/
Philippe M Coatmeur
Alex Dread
2011-12-29 19:36:02 UTC
transmit "echo... echo... echo..."
Ryan P.
2011-12-29 23:16:22 UTC
Post by Philippe M. Coatmeur
Post by milt
Post by Ryan P.
[...]
Sometimes I'm almost tempted to get a used Amiga somewhere for old
time's sake, but then I realize that there's nothing that I can't do on
Amiga Forever, only much faster. And using less electricity. :)

It's kind've sad that a community of thousands of BBS' is reduced to 5
or 6 former sysops checking a newsgroup every 6 months or so!
milt
2012-01-02 01:41:39 UTC
Post by Ryan P.
Post by Philippe M. Coatmeur
Post by milt
Post by Ryan P.
[...]
Yup... going back and looking at all the old BBS listing and remembering
the huge phonebook I had in my Terminal program, and they are all gone...
BalsaDawg
2014-01-13 01:43:44 UTC

That's all I've got to say, guys...