I don't think anyone is left.
milt
2009-12-18 17:01:23 UTC
Totally dead.
Ryan P.
2009-12-19 20:23:15 UTC
Post by milt
Totally dead.
Sad. Very sad.
milt
2009-12-19 21:58:16 UTC
Post by milt
Totally dead.
Sad. Very sad.
Yup, that it is. CNet had a brief spark of life but then went right back
to dead, like it has been for many years now.
Ryan P.
Are there even any telnet Amiga BBS' besides Omega and WOI anymore?
milt
2009-12-27 05:15:43 UTC
Post by Ryan P.
Post by milt
Post by milt
Totally dead.
Sad. Very sad.
Yup, that it is. CNet had a brief spark of life but then went right back
to dead, like it has been for many years now.
Are there even any telnet Amiga BBS' besides Omega and WOI anymore?
I honestly lost track. I don't know if there is any telnet Amiga BBS'
anymore.
Alex Dread
2010-01-20 20:16:06 UTC
I'm still lurking.
Ryan P.
2010-01-22 04:23:18 UTC
Post by Alex Dread
I'm still lurking.
Three lurkers... I wonder if that qualifies as a creepy gathering?
Christophe Prevotaux
2010-03-04 08:51:39 UTC
Post by milt
Post by Ryan P.
Post by milt
Post by milt
Totally dead.
Sad. Very sad.
Yup, that it is. CNet had a brief spark of life but then went right
back to dead, like it has been for many years now.
Are there even any telnet Amiga BBS' besides Omega and WOI anymore?
I honestly lost track. I don't know if there is any telnet Amiga BBS'
anymore.
Well until the current owner of the Cnet source releases it as Open Source
I do not think much else will happen.

Is he willing to release it as Open Source ?
milt
2010-03-06 15:29:35 UTC
Why even bother at this point?
Christophe Prevotaux
2010-03-06 16:10:09 UTC
Post by milt
Post by Christophe Prevotaux
Well until the current owner of the Cnet source releases it as Open
Source I do not think much else will happen.
Is he willing to release it as Open Source ?
Why even bother at this point?
Why not ?

I hate to see perfectly good code being wasted and collecting dust.
there is always a lot to learn from it.
milt
2010-03-09 00:09:45 UTC
Post by milt
Post by Christophe Prevotaux
Well until the current owner of the Cnet source releases it as Open
Source I do not think much else will happen.
Is he willing to release it as Open Source ?
Why even bother at this point?
Why not ?
I hate to see perfectly good code being wasted and collecting dust.
there is always a lot to learn from it.
Perfectly good code? Its BBS code (BBSing is pretty much dead) for the
Amiga (a platform that has been dead for years). I don't see any point.
Besides, from what I recall from talking with the current developer and
the previous developer, it would take a person quite a long time to
interpret what is going on in code to change anything and there is every
stuff put in the code for features that were never finished and the only
people that would know what those would be would be the last 2 coders.

You would be better off starting from scratch, not that anyone would
ever use it so it would not be worth the effort.
Christophe Prevotaux
2010-03-09 13:51:59 UTC
Post by milt
[...]
Well I think that everyone is entitled to being able to have his own
opinion.

I think it would be interesting.

You think the opposite and you think it is waste of time

That does make me change my opinion.

I still am interested in getting the code and looking at it whether
BBSing on the Amiga or any other platform is dead or not.
milt
2010-03-10 16:10:11 UTC
Post by Christophe Prevotaux
I still am interested in getting the code and looking at it whether
BBSing on the Amiga or any other platform is dead or not.
BBSing is dead on any platform, take a look around, not hard to figure
that out.