Usenet and CNet
Tom Watt
2006-07-19 17:27:19 UTC
I am thinking of running a Usenet server on a PowerMac G4, and I got to
thinking of UAE and CNet. Just curious, will UAE run CNet well in a
Mac? Will CNet work as a Usenet server? If so what kind of
limitations does it have?

Thanks,

Tom
milt
2006-07-19 19:50:40 UTC
Post by Tom Watt
I am thinking of running a Usenet server on a PowerMac G4, and I got to
thinking of UAE and CNet. Just curious, will UAE run CNet well in a
Mac? Will CNet work as a Usenet server? If so what kind of
limitations does it have?
Thanks,
Tom
You mean as a newsgroup server? As far as I know, CNet will not work as
a newsgroup server. However it can be used for reading newsgroups. Of
course, it requires a server that doesn't require a login. Its why I
don't have newsgroups on my system right now.
Brennecke Werner
2006-07-31 19:05:10 UTC
Hi Tom,
Post by Tom Watt
I am thinking of running a Usenet server on a PowerMac G4, and I got to
thinking of UAE and CNet. Just curious, will UAE run CNet well in a
Mac? Will CNet work as a Usenet server? If so what kind of
limitations does it have?
I think it will work. You need the last Version of TaylorUUCP for the Amiga
and as Filesystem SFS.
IMO FFS crashes often by UUCP Spooling.

bye
Werner
Tom Watt

Werner
milt
2006-08-02 17:17:55 UTC
Post by Tom Watt
Well I thought CNet had a NNTP server, since it doesn't I wont be using
it for that :)
Thanks,
Tom
Nope, it only has an NNTP client.